Bathroom Remodeling Fort Collins: Create a Stunning, Welcoming Space That Boosts Your Home’s Value
Adding value and beauty to your home should always be your goal. With the help of a bathroom remodeling contractor, Fort Collins residents can not only add some value to their property but also create a comfortable space to relax in. What projects can make the biggest difference in your bathroom?
Bathroom Design Fort Collins Tips
Here’s where to start when it comes to creating a beautiful bathroom that you love spending time enjoying.
- Start with countertops and fixtures. Make a smaller space look larger by using bright colors. Granite countertops are fantastic for adding value to the home – and it retains that value well even as trends change. Choose fixtures that reduce water usage, but offer details that bring character to the space.
- Next, think about lighting. Creating a bright space with numerous bulbs or with a pendant light fixture add both drama and a sense of value. Consider a dimmer switch for those luxurious bath days.
- Floors can include beautiful stone or hardwoods. Choose products that are waterproof and designed for heavy use.
By working with a team that specializes in bathroom remodeling Fort Collins residents are sure to find a space they love to be in. It pays to choose a contractor that is willing to help you not only with installation but also with the design process. Work together to determine the right colors, materials, and features for your space. A modern bathroom is one that can boost your home’s value if it is professionally installed with an eye for exceptional workmanship.
Top 7 Bathroom Design Trends of 2018
2018 is here and it’s time to give your bathroom a new look. Here are the top bathroom design trends of 2018 that you need to incorporate.
Was your new year’s resolution to upgrade your bathroom? Great! That was our resolution, too!
But a new year means new trends. Trends are constantly changing in every category of life: home improvement, health and fitness, fashion and everything else you could possibly think of.
So what does this mean for your 2018 bathroom remodel? It means that before you begin, it would be in your best interest to catch up on some of the most recent bathroom design trends!
Lucky for you, we’ve compiled a list of the seven most recent bathroom design trends and we’re sharing them with you!
Keep reading for more trends!
1. Marble Everything
From walls to sinks to accent fixtures, marble is all the rage these days. This is great in accent pieces or complete walls.
The great thing about marble is the longevity of the material. Marble is easy to clean and can last for years. If you’re going to use marble in your bathroom remodel, it would be best to use solid colors throughout the rest of the design process.
2. Let the Tub Be Free
Freestanding tubs have a tendency to draw all attention. If you look on Pinterest at ‘bathrooms’, almost all pictures will feature a stand-alone tub.
Not only do these tubs offer the idea of complete relaxation, but placed in front of a statement wall are aesthetically pleasing to your eye and your guest’s eyes.
3. Create With Color
In the past, it has been completely normal and expected to design your bathroom with neutrals and earth tone colors.
The forefront of bathroom design trends is all about incorporating deep, rich hues of color. Think about accent fixtures, backsplashes or vanities and give them a pop of color. The color blue is especially trending and something to consider when remodeling your bathroom.
4. Say Goodbye to Subway Tile
Subway tile had its time in the sun but that era is over! When you’re deciding to add tile to your bathroom, go for texture and pattern rather than solid colors.
5. Industrial Inspiration
When you think about including an industrial theme into your bathroom, think minimalistic. The industrial trend is composed of exposed brick, exposed beams and raw materials.
The more natural the better. The industrial theme is a satisfying balance of different and varying materials that compliment each other. Think concrete, wood, brass, exposed pipes and brick.
6. The Metal Must-Have
Your shower door carries a lot of weight in the bathroom. It is typically the first thing you lay eyes on when walking into your bathroom. Why not make it stand out and speak for itself?
The rise of a metal shower door is on the rise in 2018. This window-esque look also works really well while incorporating an industrial theme into your bathroom. The look of metal against a lighter shower tile is dramatic and defined, giving your bathroom the illusion of controlled chaos.
7. Mixing materials
Mixing several different materials plays an effective role in designing a bathroom. The mixing of materials also gives you a lot of freedom to choose and design to your true liking.
With light fixtures, cabinets, storage, showers and tubs and all other things incorporated in a bathroom, you have endless options of things to use different materials on.
Bathroom Design Trends to Die For
There you have it! Just a few of the top trends you’ll be seeing in the 2018 bathroom remodel world.
So where do you start? Take time to do research on all different trends to see what best suits you and your personality. The bathroom is supposed to be a place of relaxation and rejuvenation.
Whatever design makes you feel relaxed is the design you should use in your bathroom. So find out what you like and get to it!
If you need a little help along the way, we’re only a call away.
The bathroom is the most popular room in the home for remodeling, and it’s easy to see why. You spend most of your time in your bathroom while you’re getting ready to head out into the world to face your day, and being surrounded by a room that’s beautiful and efficient can get you off to a good start.
If you’re considering a bathroom remodel in Fort Collins, you need to take the time to get the design right and work with a contractor who can deliver the bathroom of your dreams. Here are a few tips to consider as you approach the design of your new bathroom.
1. Start With Your Countertop and Floor Choices
The tile you have underfoot and the countertop on which you spread out all your grooming products will affect the way you feel about your bathroom every time you step inside, so start here when planning your design. Remember that large tiles are more slippery than smaller ones. Don’t choose your materials from a photo, but make sure you see them and touch them in person to make sure you’re getting what you want.
2. Find a Way to Hide the Toilet
No one wants to see a toilet the second they step into a bathroom. If you have space, build a niche or a half-wall around your toilet so your eyes are drawn elsewhere when you come into the room.
3. Choose Standard Size Fixtures to Keep Costs Under Control
Did you know that bathtubs come in standard sizes? The same with sinks, toilets, showers, and even vanities. Maybe you have your heart set on that old-fashioned claw-foot bathtub — and that’s fine if it’s in your budget. But if you limit your choices to standard sizes, you’ll find more choices and lower costs.
4. Convert Your Tub to a Shower — Or More Storage
If you’re one of the many people who rarely or never takes a bath, then why let that bathtub take up so much prime real estate in your bathroom. Consider converting it to a luxury spa shower that you’d really enjoy. Or if you already have a shower in place, opt for extra storage, so you don’t have to go down the hall to the linen closet to get clean towels.
Have you been dreaming of remodeling your bathroom? The idea of taking on such a big project can be overwhelming and intimidating but that shouldn’t stop you from exploring your options. If you still haven’t called a Fort Collins bathroom remodeler about upgrading your Fort Collins home, here are 5 reason to pick up the phone!
1. Boost Your Home Value – A bathroom remodel can garner an 80% return on your investment and help your home sell faster. When potential buyers walk through your home and see a bathroom that is out of date they will see a high price tag added to the purchase price and try to negotiate accordingly. According to Zillow, Colorado home values are increasing, making it the perfect time to invest in your home and your happiness.
2. A Small Update May Be a Major Improvement – Many bathrooms would be substantially better with updated fixtures. Fixtures bring a lot of the style into your space and previous homeowners may have chosen fixtures based on cost or a style that isn’t your preference. Not every bathroom renovation requires a huge investment. Talk to your Fort Collins bathroom remodeler about what minor changes can be made in your bathroom for the biggest results.
3. Your Needs Are Not Being Met – A bathroom is a high traffic area of your home. It is used multiple times a day by every member of your family and if it doesn’t meet your needs, it’s a problem. If you want to add more space or more function to your bathroom you need to talk to a remodeler about what potential you have to expand your space. A remodeling professional may have some ideas for making more space in your bathroom that you have not thought of. Call a Fort Collins bathroom remodeler who offers a free estimate and project consultation.
4. You Need to Remodel for Safety Reasons – When a family member can no longer use the existing bathroom safely without assistance it’s time to upgrade. An age in place bathroom will change the function of your bathroom and make it work for your family for years to come.
5. You Deserve It! – If you have been dreaming of a spa quality bathroom in your home, take the next step and learn more. Requesting a Free Estimate requires no commitment and it will give you a better idea of your how your remodeling budget can change your life!
Artisan Remodeling and Design: Bathroom Remodeling in Fort Collins, CO
Artisan Remodeling and Design is a family owned remodeling company with offices in the Fort Collins and Loveland, CO area. Artisan Remodeling and Design offers a 5 Year Guarantee on all projects and no project is considered complete unless the customer is 100% satisfied with the work!
If you are ready to take the first step towards your new bathroom, contact Artisan Remodeling today for a Free Estimate. During the estimate process we’ll discuss your vision for the project and share our ideas for your remodel with absolutely no obligation.
DISCLAIMER: All information on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to be construed as DIY project advice. Artisan Remodeling and Design shall not be liable for any errors or inaccuracies contained herein, or any actions taken in reliance thereon.
Rated #1 on Google Reviews
- 3 Reasons Why the Lowest Bid Might Not Be the Right Way to GoMay 21, 2021 - 2:01 pm
- How to Compare Home Remodeling QuotesDecember 4, 2020 - 11:28 pm
- The Ultimate Guide to Hiring a Reliable Home Remodeling ContractorNovember 3, 2020 - 10:43 pm
- 5 Reasons Why You Need a Water Filter In Your Bathroom and ShowerSeptember 28, 2020 - 10:17 pm